It is currently August 30th, 2014, 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fucking weed and booze
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 10:02 pm 
Banned

Quote:
Pot-infused wine is all the rage in dope-friendly California

6 days ago

How could you make a substance like wine, with chemical properties that make you pleasantly woozy and a bit euphoric, any better? Infuse it with another substance whose chemicals make you pleasantly woozy and a bit euphoric, of course! Enter marijuana-laced wine. A bit like the pot brownie's more refined big sister, the aromatic red spirit is on the rise in California where increasingly lax pot laws have brought the decades-old fad back into fashion. The recipe calls for dropping a pound of pot into a fermenting cask of wine, which yields about 1.5 grams of weed per bottle. Plenty enough, we think, to get a group of sophisticated vintners chanting "duuuude" and eating Funyuns.

http://now.msn.com/living/0415-wine-mar ... trend.aspx

I already posted this over on weekly but thought it deserved a thread here too
This sounds fucking awesome. They are only half way there though. because everybody knows that Kush infused beer is where its at.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 1:43 pm 
Daddy's Home

Kush infused Rum is where it's at G. Tony and I have talked about this before.

Grab some sailor jerry, stick a shit load of trim in there, let it chill in the freezer for awhile and viola! Tincture.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 11:36 pm 
Daddy's Home

This thread inspired me. Just bought some of those big jugs of Sailor Jerry, gonna make me some tincture.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 12:13 pm 
Tony C.

Oh yes, Green Dragon.

I made some a few years back.

It tasted absolutely terrible by itself, but if you mixed it with something to mask the flavor it was pretty cool. Never made it again though. Too much work when I could just take a shot of whiskey and smoke a bowl and get the same result.

But it was awesome for the times when drinking was acceptable but smoking was not.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 12:24 pm 
Daddy's Home

Green dragon...never heard that one. Interesting.

It tastes crazy by itself, you can taste the chlorophyll and it's pretty intense.

I've got to disagree SGM, the body high from the tincture is totally different feeling (at least for me, everyone is different) from drinking and smoking a bowl. Less intense IMO.

I prefer to puff a vape while drinking mojitos made from the tincture, apple mint from the garden and a bit of raw sugar. Oh and a few lemons from my tree. Good stuff, good times.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 12:33 pm 
Tony C.

Green Dragon: One handle of Absolut infused with an ounce of some mid range green.

You are correct about it being more mellow. It was good for what we were using it for, which was spending days on the beach. I made three bottles of the stuff. The last bottle I still have, but it's put away (and who knows when it will be consumed.)

It has this label on it:

It truly tastes horrible. You know something tastes terrible when you will chase it with 151 just to get rid of the taste.

We didn't try mixing it with anything though. Just suck it up and take shots of the stuff.

Actually, that year we had a container of green butter too so we would take shots and eat bagels that were buttered with that. It made playing in the ocean more enjoyable than usual.

It also made it so I did some pretty stupid shit:

First picture I landed on my back, second picture I landed on some rocks.
Didn't feel the little cuts on my feet until the next day though.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 12:38 pm 
Daddy's Home

I use trim off the good stuff. After it's gone through some ice bags of course (google it or pm if you don't know what Im talking about).

It still makes great tincture. We call it taint.

I like to mix it, I've taken shots and it just doesn't sit the same with me. I enjoy straight booze 95% of the time when drinking, but a garden taint mojito? Forget about it.....

Is that a Dharma sign on that vodka?

Also, I've found (and read) that anything over 90 proof works better at getting the THC out. My buddies wife made some bottles of 101 Peppermint Schnapps, that was a big hit with the ladies. My girl and her friends LOVED that shit.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 12:43 pm 
Tony C.

Yeah, it's a Dharma Initiative Label.

I read that 90 proof or higher was best for stripping the THC, but my wife wouldn't let me use the one bottle of Absolut 100 that we had.

All this talk about it has me thinking I should consider making another batch...

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 12:52 pm 
Daddy's Home

Are you a strictly vodka guy?

I've been wanting to make some with 151 Bacardi...but I don't know if that would be a great idea.

I filled up a jug with two handles of Sailor Jerry last night. Gonna give it some time, couple weeks, to sit. I like to put it in the freezer...

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 1:10 pm 
Tony C.

Actually, the last time I drank vodka was when it had green in it. It's been a few years. I drink whiskey if I'm consuming hard stuff, and I cannot imagine how terrible it would be if it had weed infused with it.

I didn't do any bagging or anything. I just put the stuff through a coffee grinder and dumped it in the bottle and let it sit for a month. I think I shook it a few times at the halfway point. Then I just poured the green liquid through a cheesecloth and funneled it into a clean bottle.

Maybe the way I do it gets too much of the flavor of the pot into the liquor or something, but I concluded after the first batch that if you make it the way I do it won't matter what kind of alcohol you use, it's gonna taste horrible by itself and is not going to taste anything like the liquor did originally either. I'm sure it is fine if you can find the right thing to mix it with, I just didn't bother.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 1:17 pm 
Daddy's Home

You can still taste the "greenness" of it through the mojitos...it's kind of become an acquired taste...in a way.

Honestly, I don't taste much of a difference between when I use the ice bagged skuff or when I just get lazy and use straight out trim. Last night I just dumped straight out old outdoor trim from last years crops in a big jar and filled it up. I didn't measure it or anything, i don't really care about accuracy if it's just for personal consumption. It's gonna be strong, thats all that matters.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 2:19 am 
Daddy's Home

Strained out some drinks tonight....I don't think it's quite finished but man...it's definitely got a punch to it.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 3:12 am 

I was going to brew some of this shit up after i heard about it from Tony - i ended up making bhang instead, which was pretty good and gave me a wicked body buzz.

I want to get some shit growing myself between me and friends so i can have a enough shit to get some alcohol brewed with it and make some butter... smoke, eat and drink the shit for a few weeks... it'd be fucking awesome!!

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 9:25 am 
Daddy's Home

^^^Remember, don't use nugs, use trim. It can be trim that's already been through the ice bags, if you are going that route.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 2:14 am 

If i have my way we'd have at least two plants trimmed up, so plenty of shit to use.

Hopefully i can talk a few buddies into it soon, i'm fuckin' hating chasing weed right now, i'd like to not have to for a good 6 months.