BoneSnapper.com

It is currently August 20th, 2014, 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: March 9th, 2012, 10:20 pm 
The Commie

Warren was destroyed!!!

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 10:08 pm 

Fight should have been stopped when Warren was out and down against the fence the first time. Horrible stoppage.. I am all for a guy getting knocked out on the mat or the feet to end a fight, but Warren took so much unwarranted punishment there and was apparently puking backstage after the fight. In no way should a fighter's career be in jeopardy in a fight because this piece of shit ref had the fight go long. Joe Warren will likely have a severe concussion and will probably not compete for a very long time and maybe never compete again if his concussion symptoms are bad enough That shit sickens me.

as for Pat Curran, I knew he would win, but he truly put a stamp on the division at 145. I still thinks Pitbull and Sandro beat him.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 10:12 pm 
The Commie

Referee should be fined and and have his license revoked.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 10:37 pm 

bestrafer7 wrote:
as for Pat Curran, I knew he would win, but he truly put a stamp on the division at 145. I still thinks Pitbull and Sandro beat him.

I think he beats sandro again, now pitbull if a different story. That kid is a beast and definently has the tools to beat curran.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 10:41 pm 
Murder by day, Pabst by night

i still wish we could've seen a Pitbull/Warren rematch personally.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 11:14 pm 

I was hoping Pitbull would fight Warren first, but I agree Pitbull beats Curran. Sandro beats Curran too. He won't get caught this time through. Curran set that kick up throughout the fight with low kicks on that same time and then hit a high kick counter. What a beautiful KO, but it won't happen again.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 10:10 am 
Elbow Devastator

Location: Join the future of fantasy fighting. The SFC only at the Bonesnapper fantasy forum!
mattydeathmetal wrote:
i still wish we could've seen a Pitbull/Warren rematch personally.

I would of loved to have seen this rematch as well. I thought Freire won the first fight and would love to see the right man get the win the second time around.

Former SFF Champion w/ 2 Defenses
Former 3x SFC Champion w/ 4 Defenses
SFC 2011 Fighter of the Year*

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 3:43 pm 
The Commie

Bonesnapper Bellator Breakdown Team: Bellator 61 Predictions

Bonesnapper’s Bellator Breakdown Team:
Michael Flores (2-0); PSU J.H. (1-0)
Trig Berge (1-1); Mike Dutro (1-0)
Bonesnapper BBT (6-1)

Eric Prindle vs Thiago Santos — Michael Flores
In the night’s main event we will see a rematch from Bellator 59 where the two big men involved traversed a field of heavyweight competitors to fight for an opportunity to vie for the title that Bellator champion Cole Konrad wears securely on his waist. The fight took a turn for the worse just eighty-four seconds into the contest when Thiago Santos delivered an awkwardly targeted kick that hit squarely betwixt the legs just below the nether regions of Eric Prindle, in what I can only imagine forced the cup to ride up and into his groin area. Prindle after the allotted five minute recovery period was unable to continue and the fight was declared a no-contest.

Up until the fiasco that caused it’s anti-climatic finish, Thiago Santos was able to floor the fight on two separate occasions. The first being an easily acquired double leg after Prindle came in throwing very heavy leather. Prior to the second takedown, Prindle exploded up pushing Thiago off of him as Thiago attempted to progress into mount from half guard. Prindle once getting to his feet only remained vertical for two-three seconds when a charging Thiago Santos bulldozed him into the mat/cage with another double leg takedown. Prindle during this very short fight displayed his inability to stuff Thiago’s takedown attempts, and not being able to stop Thiago from getting the fight to the ground, where Thiago is more comfortable and much more proficient then Prindle, leads me to envisage very distinct troubles in Prindle’s near future. This is the determining factor in predicting how this fight will play out. Outside of a big devastating face destroying beefy rocket of a right hand connecting to the mush of Thiago, I believe Thiago Santos wins this fight by submission, RNC quite likely.

Maiquel Falcao vs Norman Paraisy — Mike Dutro
In this fight we have the Brazilian Maiquel “Big Rig” Falcao out of Chute Boxe vs. the French man Norman Paraisy out of American Top Team. Big Rig is known for his 1 sided beat down of Gerald Harris in the UFC then being unexpectedly released. Falcao has 1 punch KO power. His striking is precise and lightning fast. Harris had no answer for him on the feet where he kept getting tagged by powerful strikes. Many may not know but Falcao is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Paraisy might be best known for his short lived stint on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz. Here he claimed he would show the world that the French are strong and don’t give up. He would lose in the Elimination Round to James Hammortree after being beaten down and not answering the bell for the 2nd round. Aside from that little fiasco, Paraisy’s career has been successful being 10-1 with his lone loss coming at the hands of former UFC Middleweight champion Dave Meene in a fight he was dominating. Paraisy has a solid ground game accompanied with explosive striking as shown in his last fight against Jack Mason, where he was able to pull off a flying knee T/KO.

This can be a close fight if Falcao decides to play counter-striker. Falcao is at his best when he is the aggressor and that is what leads Paraisy to fold. Look for Falcao to land some big shots and stuff some takedowns before he puts Paraisy out with his electric stand up.

Fantasy Fighters should go with a Mid to High lock KO-1.

Brian Rogers vs Vitor Vianna — J.H.
Brian Rogers is still a wild card in my eyes. I’m just not really sure how relevant he can be. He is a explosive karate guy. Rogers has a 8-3 professional MMA record. 7 of his wins are by KO, the other by submission. More impressive, is the fact that he has finished all 8 of his victories in the 1st round. Rogers is 1-1 inside the Bellator promotion. His debut was a KO win over Victor O’Donnell, followed by a KO loss to eventual tournament champion Alexander Shlemenko. As you would expect from a fighter with a karate base, Rogers has lethal kicks in his arsenal. A wide variety of strikes, ranging from side kicks, to flying knees. He is a explosive striker, who likes to find his range, land a few good kicks then swarm his opponent. It’s no secret that his weakness is his ground game.

Vitor Vianna is a promising prospect. Even though he has been fighting MMA professionally since 2004. Vianna is 12-2 as a professional, and 2-1 inside the Bellator promotion. He has 5 KO victories, and 4 more by submission. His only 2 losses have come against some pretty tough competition. He suffered a decision loss to Alexander Shlemenko, and had to bow out of his fight against Thiago Silva due to a arm injury suffered during the bout. Vianna is a BJJ fighter. He’s a very good BJJ fighter. Vianna holds a 2nd degree black belt in the discipline. He’s is also a 2x BJJ world champion, and a 6x Brazilian national champion. Vianna has alright stand-up. Although striking is not his strength, he isn’t completely illiterate in the area. He has some pretty legitimate KO power when he connects.

This fight is probably going to be two guys, looking to implement two completely different game plans. Rogers is going to want to keep this fight standing, and put Vianna away quickly by KO. Vianna is going to want to avoid the crafty powerful strikes, and get this fight to the ground where he has a sizable advantage, and get the submission. I feel the most logical predicted outcome would be, Vianna wins by submission. But in the words of the great Lee Corso, “Not so fast!” Vianna, like a large majority of BJJ fighters, possesses good takedowns, but not great. Rogers is a powerful athletic guy, and weak takedown attempts may lead to eating a few uppercuts and knees. If Vianna struggles to get this fight down quickly, he may be sleeping early. Rogers is a fast finisher. All 8 of his wins have come in the 1st round. Vianna does not have time to fool around and stay in Rogers world. With that being said, I think Rogers takedown defense is not up to the level of Vianna’s takedowns. I think Vianna will get this fight to the ground early, and absolutely show his ground superiority. In my opinion, once Vianna gets Rogers to the ground, the fight will be over within 2 minutes. So, no matter which way this fight goes, expect it to end quickly. It is my belief, that this fight will end with Vitor Vianna’s hand being raised after a slick submission finish.

Vyacheslav Vasilevsky vs Victor O’Donnell — Trig Berge
Vasilevsky- fighting in the middle weight tourney. He is 15-1 with 5 KOs’, 5 sub, and 5 DEC wins. His only loss comes by DEC back in 2008. Since then he has won 14 straight. Vasilevsky is mainly a striker with a judo and sambo background. His striking is impressive with good head movement, fast footwork, and the ability to cut angles on his opponents keeping them on their heels. He flashes in with a lead left hook straight right combo and bounces back out. Vasilevsky has demonstrated good takedown defense. I still have questions of how well his skills are on the ground since he really hasn’t spent much time on the ground in the fights I have seen. He does effectively use trip takedowns to get the fight to the ground but doesn’t really do much from top position.

O’Donnell – 5’10” 185lbs with an 11-3 record which includes 9 sub, 1 KO, and 1 DEC wins. His losses come by 2 DEC and 1 KO. Victor is 2-2 in his last 4 fights and on a 1 fight skid after losing to Brian Rogers via T/KO. I think it was a bad stoppage. O’Donnell was defending himself and was clearly still going for it, however it was stopped and goes on his record as a loss. He has decent wrestling that he uses to get the fight to the ground and works his ground and pound effectively. His grappling has looked good while in top position. If there is one weakness in O’Donnell’s game it would be his standup. While he does have decent power and it has been improving, he is still a bit reckless. He comes out wanting to swing first. I question his cardio also. He seems to really slow down the longer the fight lasts.

This really is a hard fight to pick because both fighters strengths are the others weakness. Standing I think Vasilevsky is simply too fast and technically sound for O’Donnell. On the ground I think O’Donnell has too good of a wrestling base, combined with vicious ground and pound for Vasilevsky to work much in the way of his Sambo.

This really is the classic striker vs grappler match up. This fight starts standing and I think it will end standing. Vasilevsky has shown good takedown defense and I believe he can keep the fight standing for the most part. Vasilevsky will be simply too fast for O’Donnell to catch up with. Look for Vasilevsky to hit O’Donnell often with his lead left hook followed by straight right. His in and out movement will keep O’Donnell guessing where he is gonna be. Vasilevsky doesn’t have a lot of power but he is very accurate and the sheer number of punches will take their toll. Combined with poor cardio from O’Donnell I look for a T/KO stoppage late in the 3rd. For all of you fantasy fighters out there I would keep this one a lower lock because we don’t really know what Vasilevsky can do off his back if O’Donnell is actually able to get him down.

Giva Santana vs Bruno Santos — Michael Flores
This is a difficult fight to pick. Having wrestled with the thought of this match up in my head, switching from one fighter to the other, and back again, I have made my decision to take the much older Giva Santana. The logic behind my choice of Giva Santana to win is based on the style in which Bruno Santos fights; basically it will play into the very strengths that have taken Giva to the Bellator stage, his jiujitsu.

Neither man is exactly lighting the world on fire with their stand up prowess, though both men do have adequate skill to equate themselves respectably if the occasion should arise. Bruno and Giva both strike from an orthodox stance; Bruno whose base standing seems to be boxing while Giva utilizes a Muay Thai striking style, much like many of the fighters coming out of Team Oyama.

Bruno as a striker is a cautious stalker of his opponent. Methodically waiting for opportunities to present themselves by the pressure of his forward moving presence on his opponent to engage throwing, to shoot in for the tie up or to outright acquire the takedown; most likely through the use of a double leg attack.

Giva unlike Bruno is not so risk averse; Giva will March forward throwing at times dangerous feints to lull his opponent into defending what phantom strike thrown, so that he may change levels to shoot in for the single or double, or to simply tie up and drag the fight to the ground by any means necessary. Giva in his aggressiveness to get the fight to the ground does present opportunities for Bruno to land his powerful lead left cross. A punch that I have seen him utilize to fell a couple of his more recent opponents. Giva although can give as good as he gets, throwing heavy leg kicks and solid knees when in the clinch.

From the clinch, Bruno with his massive upper body and big dubya-dubya-eff arms displays his preference of pressing his opponent into the cage wall, where he will push on them, actively forcing them to hold up his weight. Bruno while he works hard in the clinch to deplete his opponent’s conditioning, wearing them out physically, Bruno does not attack with many damaging attacks. Once in awhile Bruno will throw strikes to the body, knees to the thighs of his opponent, though too few to matter, as they come in sparsely thrown spurts.

Giva in the clinch when leading up to the cage wall or ropes is usually the man being pressed into whatever boundary demarcating the confines of the area of combat. Not that it matters that much to Giva, as his primary goal is to get the fight to the ground, which he will oblige given the chance. Giva will allow the takedown to happen without much of a fight, knowing he has the sweeps to get on top of his opponent, or the transitions and submission verve to negate whatever threat his opponent may have thought they had when in top control.

On the ground Giva has the advantage on most anyone he fights, with his utilization of brilliant sweeps and submission knowledge. Giva Santana is a third degree black belt, with notable wins in the BJJ community. Giva on the ground has a certain perspicuousness of himself and his opponent in relation to how he can visualize and set up his attacks when on the ground, knowing at all times where and when to adjust the angle or direction of his limbs in hunting for his dreaded armbar. Bruno conversely is much more methodical, employing a stifling Jon Fitchesque top game, where once halted from improving his position on his opponent, will ceaselessly attack with quarter to half-powered punches to deter the referee from enforcing a stand up. Is such a strategy serviceable against an opponent who is known to most by the moniker, The Arm Collector? I am not so sure.

Bruno’s chances of winning this fight are fair, it will not be an outcome that will shock or surprise me in the least. I believe that if Bruno keeps the fight standing, using his boxing, staying light and bouncing on his heels controlling the range well, as he is apt of doing, he very well could land some damaging strikes so long as he does not get baited by Giva in hopes of an early takedown. Employing the clinch economically, as only when absolutely needed, perhaps towards the end of the rounds to gather points for control and aggression in the eyes of the judges would work favorably as well. Once in the clinch, press Giva into the cage wall without intentionally striving to achieve the takedown as a goal, but rather to control the clock and exhaust his energy.

With all that said, I imagine this fight will hit the mat early, with Bruno possibly on top, Giva then sweeping, Bruno attempting to defend, a scramble ensues and an arm is taken home. If this does not occur in the first or second round Bruno’s chances of winning go up, given the fact that Giva’s only downfall has been his conditioning [in tandem with his aggressive, fast paced approach], which played a role in his lone loss to Jamie Jara.

Bellator 61 Picks:

Thiago Santos by Knockout/Submission
Maiquel Falco by Knockout
Vitor Vianna by Submission
Vyacheslav Vasilevsky by T/KO
Giva Santana by Submission

Tweet ME To all your Followers!

PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 2:40 pm 

Surprise Surprise prindle found another way out of this fight. Claiming he had the flu. Fight has been moved to next week, wonder what hes gonna do to get out of that one.

PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 7:48 pm 
King of all Vag

thank god.Prindle/Santos II is the rematch that no one really gives a shit about.

excited about Falcaio and Vasillevsky's Bellator debuts.

PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 9:09 pm 

Oh no, the rematch of the century has been postponed!

PostPosted: March 17th, 2012, 12:37 am 

Deathexplosion wrote:
thank god.Prindle/Santos II is the rematch that no one really gives a shit about.

excited about Falcaio and Vasillevsky's Bellator debuts.

Now these two are matched up against each other next round. I cant wait for that one.

Former J-1 Global Champion
Former SBFL and GAFL Champion
2011 ACF GP Champion
2011 SFF FOTY
2011 MMAF FOTY

PostPosted: March 17th, 2012, 11:54 am 
The Gambler

I'm pulling for Brian Rogers to win the tourney. Seems like a cool dude.

BSFL Inaugural Grand Prix Champion
BSFL World Cup Bronze Medal (2011)
Fight Of The Year (Season 1 & 2)
Golden Fitch Award (Season 1)

PostPosted: March 17th, 2012, 2:46 pm 

I will be pulling for rogers to KO that bitch ass wall n stall faggot santos

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 4:20 pm 
The Commie

Bonesnapper Bellator Breakdown Team: Bellator 62 Predictions

Bonesnapper’s Bellator Breakdown Team:
Michael Flores (2-1); PSU J.H. (2-1)
Trig Berge (2-1); Mike Dutro (2-0)
Bonesnapper BBT (8-3)

Eric Prindle vs Thiago Santos –Michael Flores
In the night’s main event we will see a rematch from Bellator 59 where the two big men involved traversed a field of heavyweight competitors to fight for an opportunity to vie for the title that Bellator champion Cole Konrad wears securely on his waist. The fight took a turn for the worse just eighty-four seconds into the contest when Thiago Santos delivered an awkwardly targeted kick that hit squarely betwixt the legs just below the nether regions of Eric Prindle, in what I can only imagine forced the cup to ride up and into his groin area. Prindle after the allotted five minute recovery period was unable to continue and the fight was declared a no-contest.

Up until the fiasco that caused it’s anti-climatic finish, Thiago Santos was able to floor the fight on two separate occasions. The first being an easily acquired double leg after Prindle came in throwing very heavy leather. Prior to the second takedown, Prindle exploded up pushing Thiago off of him as Thiago attempted to progress into mount from half guard. Prindle once getting to his feet only remained vertical for two-three seconds when a charging Thiago Santos bulldozed him into the mat/cage with another double leg takedown. Prindle during this very short fight displayed his inability to stuff Thiago’s takedown attempts, and not being able to stop Thiago from getting the fight to the ground, where Thiago is more comfortable and much more proficient then Prindle, leads me to envisage very distinct troubles in Prindle’s near future. This is the determining factor in predicting how this fight will play out. Outside of a big devastating face destroying beefy rocket of a right hand connecting to the mush of Thiago, I believe Thiago Santos wins this fight by submission, RNC quite likely.

Lloyd Woodard vs Patricky Freire –Trig Berge
Freire – 5’7” 155lbs with a record of 10-2 with 7 KO 2 DEC and 1 SUB wins. His losses both come by DEC. One to Willamy and one to Chandler. Patricky is a Brazilian fighter that has a black belt in BJJ. His ground game is extremely dangerous. He has good takedowns from inside the clinch. Once the fight hits the ground he is a real good grappler. His BJJ looks technical to say the least. He seems to have excellent positional awareness and is always a threat to end the fight with a submission, even though he only has one win by submission. What sets his ground skills apart from many is his ability to transition from ground and pound to submission attempts and back to ground and pound. On the feet is where Patricky got his nickname, Pitbull. He is an aggressive striker that is always moving forward, keeping his opponents on their heels. He combines speed and accuracy in both his kicks and punches. Patricky comes in with a strong left hook straight right combo that scores at will. His aggressive approach will get him in trouble if he faces a superior counter-striker.

Woodard- 5’11” 155lbs with an 11-1 record that consists of 6 SUB, 3 KO, and 2 DEC wins. His only loss comes by DEC to Chandler. Woodard is a mountain man from Montana that comes to fight every time he steps into the cage. He has real good takedown defense and works well in scrambles. Woodard does a great job of mixing up his kicks to open up his hands. Once he does connect he is quick to pounce. After starting his career with 11 straight wins he finally faced defeat at the hands of Michael Chandler who outwrestled him for 3 rounds.

With as much promise as I see in the young up and coming fighter, Woodard is just simply outmatched in this fight. The aggressive style of the Pitbull will keep Woodard on the defense. This fight will mainly be fought standing. Both fighters work real good in the clinch but for the majority of this fight I see big power shots coming from all directions. The accuracy and amount of strikes Patricky throws will take their toll in the later rounds and Woodard will really begin to slow. Freire will be the first fighter to stop Woodard within the allotted time. Freire-KO-3

Rick Hawn vs Ricard Tirloni –PSU JH
Rick Hawn is a very high level judoka. He qualified for the 2004 Olympics, and finished 9th. He is 11-1 in his professional MMA career, with 7 of those wins by KO. Hawn turned pro in 2009, and in just a little over two years, had already fought 12 fights. Although he was very active at first, an injury has had him sidelined for over 10 months. Hawn is 3-1 in the Bellator promotion. He holds key victories over Lyman Good, Jim Wallhead, and Shonie Carter. His lone loss is to Jay Heiron in a highly disputed split decision. Hawk finished as the runner-up in the season 4 Bellator Welterweight Tournament. Hawn has some pretty legitimate power in his hands. And has the ability to throw a solid head kick. Though his striking tends to be mechanical, its fairly effective, and he’s not afraid to stand. But Hawn’s strength is definitely his grappling. He has world class takedowns, and takedown defense. His control on the ground is good, but not quite on par with his takedown ability. Hawn really isn’t too aggressive at seeking submissions. His submission defense really hasn’t been tested, but seems to be solid. He prefers to drop bombs and maintain control once on the ground.

Ricard Tirloni, if you don’t know him now, I promise you that you will. He is a very aggressive BJJ black belt. And his style is one that fight of the nights are made. Like a lot of Brazilians, his specialty is BJJ, with some very solid and devastating muay thai. He is 14-1 with 5 KO and 7 submission victories. His lone loss is to UFC lightweight champion Ben Henderson fairly early in Tirloni’s career. Other than the fight with Henderson, he really hasn’t faced any known competition. He is 1-0 in the Bellator promotion with his win being a submission over Steve Gable. Like I mentioned earlier, his fighting style will do nothing but attract fans. He is very aggressive both standing and striking, and on the ground seeking submissions. He has good muay thai, and possesses some heavy leg kicks, and great knees from the clinch. He loves to stand in the pocket and utilize his counter punching. He really tries to finish every fight. As good as his stand up is, his strength is still his BJJ. He is equally as effective from off his back as he is from the top position. He relentlessly seeks the submission, and has extremely smooth transitions. Ricard Tirloni has all the tools to be potential a top 10 fighter at his weight.

In this match up, I see Tirloni dominating in the stand up. Tirloni has a tendency to throw caution out the window, and exchange. He will need to be careful, because Hawn has power, and could connect and put Tirloni out. Expect to see some big leg kicks from Tirloni to keep Hawn off balance, and slow down Hawn’s production. Once Hawn realizes he wants no part of the stand up, he will take this fight down. And this will be the beginning of the end for Hawn. Once on the ground, Tirloni becomes the stronger grappler. Hawn still dazed from the strikes he took standing, will soon realize he can’t win this fight from any position and become mentally frustrated. Tirloni will either finish this by submission in the 1st, or if Hawn manages to make it to the 2nd, look for Tirloni to overwhelm him with strikes and finish it by T/KO.

Brent Weedman vs J.J. Ambrose –Mike Dutro
In this Bellator Lightweight tourney fight we have Brent Weedman vs. J.J. Ambrose. Weedman is a veteran of the Bellator banner having been in the Welterweight tournament. Weedman is a good fighter, though he is not great at any one aspect of the game, but he is good at all of them. His heart is what lets him be able to compete at the highest level. He has had a run of bad luck losing his last 2 fights by decision which could have gone either way. Weedman likes to strike since he has a granite chin with good power in both his punches and kicks. On the ground he is pretty slick transitioning while on bottom, not at all being a limp noodle on the ground. He has submitted Douglas Lima by armbar and had Hornbuckle is some tight spots.

On the other side we have Ambrose who lost a decision to Sevak Magakian in the elimination round of “The Ultimate Fighter 12″. Ambrose is on a 7 fight win streak; 5 the way of submission, 1 T/KO, and 1 DEC. He is currently training out of Tiger Muay Thai which is one of the most highly touted camps in the world. Keeping it standing is where Ambrose wants to keep this fight. From there he he can work straight punches to keep the slower Weedman at bay. Mix in low kicks to stifle the takedown attempts and knees to the body in the clinch to soften him up. If he can keep it standing the chances of Ambrose winning are significant.

This fight is very close, it all depends on who implements their game plan perfectly. If Weedman can get it to the ground he will win. If he can’t he will get eaten up in the stand up. Look for Weedman to use trips and single legs to get the fight to the ground and use his submission game to win him the fight.

For fantasy keep it low lock with a sub hedged

Rene Nazare vs Thiago Michel Pereira Silva –Michael Flores
This could be a classic grappler versus striker match-up, although it won’t be much of one, since Rene Nazare tends to enjoy standing and trading with his opponents. Rene Nazare though can equate himself quite well on the feet, striking from a boxing base in an orthodox stance. Over the course of the last couple of years Rene Nazare continues to show marked improvement in his ability and comfort level to contest the fight standing. Rene is fairly quick, light and agile on his feet throwing straight punches with sufficient power. However, the question in this fight is when will it become beneficial for Nazare to take this fight to the canvas, where he is better equipped to handle his much more credentialed opponent?

Rene Nazare’s opponent Thiago Michel is a champion kickboxer and WBC muay thai champion, who is absolutely relentless when pursuing his objective inside the cage. Thiago blends his punches and kicks very well, fluidly changes levels of attack, and weapons in that attack seamlessly. Has a great killer instinct and can finish from many different positions, whether it be on the ground with GNP or in the clinch with knees to the head or on the outside with a booming leg kick.

In the clinch this fight could be interesting, as both fighters have shown that they are quite capable of delivering heavy offensive damage. Although I predict that Thiago will be the more aggressive of the two on the inside, his main focus will be to inflict damage with the points of his knees and elbows; Rene conversely I envision will be battling to stifle and control Thiago against the cage wall. It will be here where it will be up to Rene to impose his will by setting up an inside or outside leg trip. Allowing those opportunities to get by, gifting Thiago time to get off any type of offense will be risky.

In my estimation, I feel that Rene Nazare will stand and trade with Thiago for a time, but it will have to be a short while as Rene starts to slow down when going into the third, limiting his ability to effectively mount any offense, or chance to change the direction of the fight if it should be going in favor of Thiago. Nazare however, after clinching up with Thiago two or three times will get the takedown, or possibly get the back of Thiago standing whereupon dragging the fight to the canvas will submit him rather easily. First or second round submission by Rene Nazare I believe is the safe call here as Thiago Michel will not have the capability to stop the four time BJJ champion.

Bellator 62 Picks:

Thiago Santos by Submission
Patricky Freire by T/KO
Ricard Tirloni by T/KO
Brent Weedman by Submission
Rene Nazare by Submission

CLICK ME TO TWEET ME!

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 10:05 am 
King of all Vag

Eric Prindle is the default winner of the tournament after Santos failed to make weight.easiest 100k anyone ever made.also Cosmo Alexandre is off the card for some reason.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 10:12 am 
Elbow Devastator

Location: Join the future of fantasy fighting. The SFC only at the Bonesnapper fantasy forum!
Prindle and the most luck of anyone through any tourney. He was probably the 4th best fighter in the tourney and lucked his way to the money. Another easy win for the champ...

Former SFF Champion w/ 2 Defenses
Former 3x SFC Champion w/ 4 Defenses
SFC 2011 Fighter of the Year*

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 6:52 pm 
King of all Vag

prelims on Spike.com niggaas!

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 8:07 pm 

Good win for Weedman.

But more importantly, his wife is having a kid and he can't mait to weet him.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2012, 10:47 am 
Daddy's Home

Bummed my boy JJ lost. You guys have his breakdown a little off...

JJ is actually a very solid wrestling based fighter. His base is wrestling/sub grappling. He started at Tiger Muay Thai when he married a hot Thai girl and moved out to thailand. His striking has gotten better but his base is still wrestling. In his old fights, he would mostly out muscle and ground and pound guys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next